CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Big Day!

So I 'm finally getting around to posting about our twofold big day that was April 26th.
First , we got to bless our little son. It took place at home as it was our stake conference. We were grateful to have both our Dads and my bro. Jared join in the circle. It was a very precious blessing. We sure love you Sky!
Mom made Sky's darling little white tux. Yeah buddy, you're spoiled!


Hmmm... I wonder where those baby blues came from.

So grateful for the priesthood-
-which brings us to the second part of our big day... Steve was released as Elders Quorum Pres. and called to the Stake High Council. He was ordained by his Dad to a High Priest after stake conference -another wonderful experience. Mercifully he was assigned to our ward so Sundays he can sit with the kidos and me (be there in case I need to take Sky out). I have to say though that I was impressed by some thoughtful ward members who, before they knew where Steve was assigned, offered to sit with us regularly.


Mom also helped me finish these dresses for the girls the night before. She was a major trooper toughing it through with me until 3 AM. Love you Mom!!!
And don't they look adorable!

The darling matching shoes that they've almost outgrown because it took me so long to get around to finishing this project :). This is ME after all. Look close... they have strawberries on them :D!

6 comments:

Becky said...

That was a big day! I'm so happy for you guys and life's wonderful changes.

Mama Groke said...

Yesss, I love reading your blog. I know I don't talk to you much on the phone, but I do love you more than you will ever know. What a beautiful family you have. I hope you had a good birthday.

Love Mom G.

Stephanie said...

What an exciting day! What a blessing that Steve is assigned to your own ward. With Brandon on the stand, I sit alone with my kids. Noone has offered to help. I think that my four boys scare everyone . . . I am hoping that might change when #5 comes along here in a few weeks! I figure it will be easier to pawn off the baby and stick with the four boys.

Dave and Loralee said...

beautiful dresses, beautiful girls, and such a CUTE new baby!! CONGRATS!

Debbie said...

Ahhh... what darling shoes! I had to look close for the strawberries, but sure enough, there they were! :) You and your strawberry fetish crack me up. I thought of you when I saw some strawberry appliques in the craft store. :) The dresses are cute, your kiddos are cute, and you are awesome. Miss ya and love ya!

Steve and Stephanie said...

aw I miss little Skyler! he's a doll...you're on my blog now :)