CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 2, 2009

Where on earth did October go?

Another month seems yanked out from under me.
Steve made two different trips (Boston and San Fransisco) to present two seperate research projects -one taking him away for his b-day, so we celebrated early with dinner at Texas Roadhouse Grill.
For Micaela's birthday we made a quick jaunt to Steve's parents and enjoyed celebrating with the family there. The card says that Caela, Lexi and Mom get a girls night out to dinner and to see Disney's Princesses on Ice show. Can't wait!
-Enjoying the cake I prefer not to reveal to the world, but sure tasted good :).
It was chocolate and yellow cake swirled with whipped cream, strawberries (right from Grandma and Grandpa's garden) and a chocolate frosting.
~ Stylin' with her new goods :)~
As you can see she's been having a blast in preschool.

Here's what Sky's been up to this month...

...and he thinks it's hilarious!
AND he now navigates up the stairs with ease. Luckily he hasn't tried to turn around on them yet. (uh, can we say "shirt stretched out")
His 7 month pics...

-Handsome bug!-
~And then it was hurry and get costumes done time. The girls once while playing dress up put their tutus on their heads and it gave me an idea. They looked like flowers and our "garden family" concept was born :)...

Lexi -a rose; Caela -a daisy and Sky -the little bumble bee :). Steve and I are the not so obvious gardeners, but we were a hit :). ~Here we are at the school Fall Festival~
-Lexi busting a move on the cake walk-
She kept lucking out in the drawing.
Okay, I don't know what made Sky pull this face, but I LOVE it! Right on cue with his halloween face :0!
Oh, and his pumkin sports the three teeth he's sprouted (one on top and two on the bottom).
~And then suddenly it was the last day of the month -Halloween! We got together with med-school friends for dinner then hurried home to don our costumes once more.

Caela kept making up a funny song about trick-or-treating.
And little Sky zonked. True, buddy, all that excitement can tucker one out.

5 comments:

Mama Groke said...

I don't know where it wen either, but I am sure glad we got to share it with you. Angela, the cake was great, I know you were disappointed in it, but we thought you did a good job. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. I think Skylar doubled in size since you were here. Love you tons, Mama G

Debbie said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. Those costumes are super cute and ultra creative. I love them! And I've decided that you guys need to have another kid. and it needs to be a boy. because Sky is just TOO CUTE to not try for another!! Holy Moly! What a doll! And I loved the part about Caela making up a Trick or Treat song. I could totally picture it in my mind. Too funny. Miss you guys!!

Kristina said...

You are so creative!! You have the cutest family. I hope all is going well, give the kids kisses for me. Can't wait to see all of you guys again.

Erin said...

Those Halloween costumes are just too cute!! Way to go, Ang! And seeing all those pics of Sky make me SO excited we're having a little boy! Our boys will only be 11 months apart...I hope they'll be good good friends one day!

Bonnie and Mark said...

Caela looks so grown up all of a sudden. I'm glad you guys had fun celebrating her b-day in New Harmony. Ang...how on earth did you create that rose on Lexi's head??? Yeh, I'm sure you guys were a big hit...so, so cute! Loved the carved pumpkin picture...just like the good-ole days! Cute jack-o-lanterns! I love the picture of Skylar in your bathroom...something about kids an potted plants! So excited to see y'all in just a few weeks!!!