CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

9 Years Later!


The year was 2000 -early spring -the hour around 5:30am. My mission companion was jogging in circles around the culdesac where our apartment was while I (too lazy that early in the morning to join her) sat in a lawn chair wrapped in a blanket reading/ watching her. No I didn't mind getting up even sooner than required for missionaries because Hermana Vranes was the coolest companion ever! If we were climbing a steep hill (and there were lots of them in the mountains of Puerto Rico where we were serving) and I was getting tuckered out -she would tell me to grab onto her top backpack strap which she called "The Rains of Vranes" and continue to lug me up the hill. Ever positive and full of energy -we had a blast together.
A year later she was one of my bridesmaids, and yesterday I finally enjoyed the privilege of attending a bridal shower for her. Also in attendance was our beloved mission president's wife Darla Davies (who happens to be in my stake). While together we began plans for a mission reunion this April. It will be my first! Although Deb (Hna. Vranes) is getting married in San Diego (her fiance is Blair Carlson is from Escondido) I'm too prego to travel to the wedding. So I look forward to meeting Blair at the reunion.
P.S. Mark -if you're reading this- Deb Vranes has a younger sister serving a mission in Texas that gets home this April :D.

7 comments:

Bonnie and Mark said...

How fun...you both look great! Congrats to Debra...she is a great gal!

Anonymous said...

Preggo? Did I miss something? When is the big D (due date?) YEAH!

Rondo Family said...

That's awesome. Lance loves meeting up with his mission companions. Brings back memories of "the beast two years" I guess:) And I echo Mom, you look great:)

Jenn said...

You look great! How fun to meet up with past friends (something we should do again!!)

Debbie said...

Oh YEA!!! I LOVE Debra Vranes. She's the sweetest! Give her our CONGRATS!!!!

AnnaMarie said...

I love those stories!

Debsie Doodle said...

Hi Ang! I just got on here and loved reading through your blog. What a sweet entry -- ah, thanks! :) CONGRATS on the new addition to the family! We need to catch up soon... Love ya! Deb
(And YES we are going to get together the next time you're visiting your folks in San Diego!)