CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Valentine Cookie Fun?



So,... I have discovered that when choosing to double a recipie one must be extra catious while doling out the ingredients -especially when one has "prego brain". Otherwise you just might end up putting in 4 times the amount of sugar thinking of the amount of flour called for. Then so it's not a complete waste and so you don't feel like too big an idiot you end up quadrupelling the whole recipie, an insane amount of sugar cookie dough and half your day shot! On top of that when you finally do get around to baking the cookies -if you tried a new recipie be prepared for the first two batches to be a melted together disaster.
Optional lessons to be learned:
1. New recipies are only to be tried in very minimal quantities.
2. Baking is an increadible waste of time /energy and should at least be cheated at with premade dough (especially when prego).
3. Just because a friend may say a recipie is good doesn't make it so.
4. The old addage "Measure twice, cut once" can /should apply to recipies as "Read twice, measure once" or whatever you want it to translate to.

Despite the madness, the girls thoroughly enjoyed playing little bakers with plenty of sampling of course, and since that was the point I guess the event was a succuss after all :).

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh how funny. I love that you quadrupled the recipe. I probably would have done the same. I can only imagine the time it took. I did a double batch of sugar cookies at Christmas and even THAT took forever. You're a sport. Hang in there. And it's like I have to keep telling myself every day now... "Come what may, and love it!" (Thanks Elder Wirthlin!) Love ya!

Rondo Family said...

How cute. What a fun mom you are:) It looks like the girls had fun and that's all that really matters right? Plus, can you ever really have too many cookies (especially when you're prego:)

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun. You have lucky girls!

Kristina said...

I love how Micaela is hammin' it up for the photo shoot:) She looks like a pro. I can't believe how big my gorgeous girls are getting. Give them hugs and kisses for me.

Anonymous said...

I do that even without a preggo brain! Sounds like you still had fun-

AnnaMarie said...

Cooking tragedies abound in my house. Oh well! It looks like such a fun time!

KevinG said...

Double the sugar - I don't see anything wrong with that :)